Archive for January, 2010
January 29, 2010 - 12:30 pm
This video from the Detroit autoshow is of the XTS’ interior designer talking about the inspirations that went into the interior. Think orchids.
January 29, 2010 - 9:30 am
Here is one of the videos that has come out about the XTS Concept unveiled at Detroit.
This one courtesy of Car and Driver.
January 29, 2010 - 6:30 am
LeftLaneNews is reporting some details on the upcoming sub-CTS model the ATS.
Their source is reporting that a 4-door showcar is coming soon with wagon, coupe, and convertible body styles planned as well
After the concept sedan bows later this year, the production version is expected to arrive during next year’s autoshow season, likely in LA or Detroit.
January 28, 2010 - 7:00 pm
It appears that Cadillac has made an on-the-fly reduction in the starting price of the CTS Sport Wagon.
The grapevine says that the 40k+ starting price of the wagon was a difficult pill to swallow with the SRX starting in the mid-30′s.
So, Cadillac has dropped the price of the wagon to get it under 40k (now at 39090 with destination) – which should help boost sales with buyers that have a mental block about the 40k barrier.
January 28, 2010 - 1:51 pm
Our review Grey Flannel 2010 SRX Turbo has been delivered and the review is in progress.
- The UltraView roof is huge, extending well past the rear seats.
- Pairing with my iPhone via BlueTooth was painless (though I don’t seem to have a way to control the phone, etc. with the voice controls – I’ll be looking through the manual later to see if that is correct).
- The beltline is awfully high, which impairs visibility a bit, especially if you are used to sedans.
- Power liftgate is a nice option
- Rearview camera with guidance lines is much cooler in practice than I thought it would be (showing not only what is behind you, but where you’ll go given the angle you have the wheel at).
January 27, 2010 - 9:26 am
Cadillac will be dropping off a 2010 SRX Turbo at CaddyEdge.com headquarters on Thursday morning.
As with our CTS review before, I’d love it if you all forwarded on any questions you might have. Expect regular updates over the next week followed shortly after by a full review.
As you may recall, the SRX is now built off the ‘Theta Premium’ chassis which is a mix of the Theta chassis that underpins the GMC Terrain and the Chevrolet Equinox (both award winning vehicles in their own rights) with a mix of Epsilon II parts. Theta Premium was developed specifically for the SRX as well as Saab’s upcoming 9-4x.
The turbo model packs a 2.8l turbo version of the high-feature V-6 that, in this iteration, puts out 300hp and 295 lb*ft – a nice upgrade from the 3.0l DI V-6′s 265/223.
January 12, 2010 - 3:11 pm
Cadillac has released this video that seems to equate the performance of the new CTS-V Coupe with several natural and non-natural disasters.