Based on the new 2008 CTS, the CTS Sport that debuted at this years SEMA show in Las Vegas shows a hint of what a sportier CTS might look like.
If this is similar to the previous CTS Sport concept from SEMA a few years ago – expect at least a few of the cues shown on this car to make it to the production CTS in the coming years.
Check our our CTS Sport Image Gallery and read the press release below:
As the new 2008 Cadillac CTS sedan garners critical acclaim, the CTS Sport concept puts a unique twist on this hot new luxury sedan. The CTS Sport concept suggests a customization theme emphasizing the car’s performance character. The show car includes new front and rear fascias, a modified hood, rear spoiler and 20-inch wheels Recaro sport seats highlight the cabin. Performance is derived from a production-spec 304-hp 3.6L Direct Injection V-6 that exhales through a Corsa cat-back exhaust system with 3.5-inch outlets.
* CTS Sport concept
* 3.6L V-6 with direct injection
* Modified hood with wire mesh inserts
* Unique front and rear fascias with carbon fiber and wire mesh inserts
* Carbon-fiber front fender extractors
* Export-model taillamps and CHMSL with clear lenses
* Unique rear deck spoiler
* Headlamps with unique housing finish
* Roof-mounted OnStar antenna
* Brake ducting with LED lighting
* Polished, forged 20-inch wheels
* High-performance brakes with painted calipers and drilled/slotted rotors
* Carbon-fiber interior trim plates
* BlueConnect Bluetooth integrated into the headliner
* Recaro sport seats with leather trim
* Corsa cat-back exhaust with rectangular outlet tips and wire mesh inserts